Marriage is not a quick fix for your personal problems. In fact, marriage may even intensify your problems.
It takes about 2 years for a positive relationship to develop between a step-parent and a step-child.
- 38% of all weddings in the U.S. are re-marriages for one or both partners. Most form step-families.
- 33% of individuals who got divorced in 2008 were re-divorcing (that is divorcing again).
- 33% of step-family marriages last until death do we part.
- Over 60% of re-marriages end in divorce. Subjecting children to yet another family failure.
- 73% of third marriages end in divorce.
References; Wendy Manning, personal communication Jan 2010, NationalCenter for Family and Marriage Research). U.S. Bureau of the Census, 2006)